Eyeglasses in Ogden, UT
Need new eyeglasses? Promontory Family Vision, we offer a wide variety of frame designs that can be tailored to suit not only your medical needs, but also your fashion preferences. We are conveniently located at 5331 Adams Ave Suite B, Ogden, UT 84405. For more information please call us today or simply request an appointment online.
Are eyeglasses good for me?
There are typically only 2 types of lenses that doctors are able to prescribe for correcting or improving a patient’s vision. These lenses include eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Eyeglasses are actually the most common form of eyewear that is used among people today to correct or improve their specific type of vision problem. Eyeglasses are a frame that will hold two pieces of glass or plastic together, which have been grounded into custom lenses to correct vision problems. Vision problems can include trouble seeing far away, also known as nearsightedness, and trouble seeing close up, also known as farsightedness. Having vision problems can also include sight that is blurry due to an oddly or irregularly shaped cornea. Eyeglasses generally work by simply adding or subtracting the focusing power to the eye, or eye’s, cornea and lens.
- Contact lenses are worn directly on the patient’s cornea. Very similar to eyeglasses, contact lenses correct vision errors. They also do this by simply adding or subtracting the focusing power to the eye’s cornea and lens.
Are there different types of eyeglass lenses?
Yes, there are different types of eyeglass lenses used to correct vision – the type that the patient receives will highly depend on the type of vision problems that they are experiencing. The different types of lenses that are available to patients include:
- Concave lenses, and these happen to be the thinnest in the center. These lenses are typically always used to correct nearsightedness.
- Convex lenses, and these happen to be the thickest in the center. Best described as a magnifying glass. These lenses are typically always used to correct farsightedness.
- Cylindrical lenses, and these lenses curve more in one direction than the other. They are often used to correct astigmatism – which is oddly or a misshaped cornea.
Why should I go to Promontory Family Vision for my eyeglasses?
At Promontory Family Vision, we offer optometry services to children of all ages, also known as pediatric optometry, adults, and senior citizens. Our highly-experienced optometry staff has been treating patients in the Ogden community for years. We are a high-class optical dispensary that carries a wide variety of budget friendly, high-end frames and designer glasses including safety frames/glasses. We also have the latest and greatest technology in eye lens options for glasses, including the ultra-thin lenses, the new generation anti-glare coatings, and the latest transition lenses available. All work that is done for patients is performed in a state-of-the-art optical laboratory by an optometry specialist or doctor who is specialized in high quality lens fabrication and edging.
We always want the best for our patients. Ensuring that we have the best staff and high-quality optical equipment, allows us to do just that. Contact us today for more information about our eyeglasses or optical solutions that may be best for you. We are open 6 days a week for your convenience and are located at Suite B, 5331 South Adams Ave, Ogden, UT 84405